We launched the Dance Etc. Diamond Scholarship as a part of our 10 year Anniversary in 2017.
We strongly believe in the Dancers in our Community and wanted to give back to those who are Dedicated and Passionate towards their craft.
As we received the Scholarship Applications for the 2018-2019 Dance Year, one Dancer stood out for her Hard work, Determination and Dedication. Although she wasn’t selected as our Diamond Scholarship Recipient, we wanted to give her a separate award to assist with her Dance studies. Peyton has shown a strong desire, an excellent work ethic, and determination to continue dancing.
- What age did you start dancing?
9 Years Old
- What is the best advice you have ever been given?
Doing your best is more important than being the best.
- What item can you never seem to cross off your To-Do list?
Plan an at-home spa day for myself (I’m always too busy!).
- What is one thing people are surprised to learn about you?
I’m double-jointed in my arms! I can do a cool trick!
- What is one thing you know now that you wish you knew when you were younger?
If a friend isn’t happy for you when you succeed, they’re not really your friend.
- What is the one thing in your dance bag you use the most?
My muscle roller, it makes my legs feel so much better when they’re sore!
- What are you obsessed with at the moment?
Peach Green Tea Lemonade from Starbucks (it’s seriously so good!).
- What is the last thing you watched on TV or favorite Netflix show?
The last thing I watched on TV was So You Think You Can Dance, and I love Gossip Girl on Netflix.
- What is more challenging, a solo or ensemble?
Definitely an ensemble! When I perform solos I get to add my own style to the choreography, while when performing with a group it’s so important to keep all the moves uniform and precise. Plus during a solo, if I mess up I can just freestyle and cover it up!
- What reality TV show would you join the cast?
Definitely Big Brother on CBS. My family has been watching it for years!
- If you were not a dancer, what would you choose as a career?
I love getting to meet and talk with people and travel to new places, and because of this I have been interested in marketing/sales as a career.