The Raleigh School of Ballet
Raleigh, North Carolina
- What age did you start dancing?
I started a Creative Movement class when I was three years old.
- What is the best advice you have ever been given?
“Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass…It’s about learning to dance in the rain.”
I love this quote and about what it says about life in general. Life is complicated and messy. It can even feel unfair at times. But that’s life…You have two choices…you can curl in a ball and wait for the days to pass by or you can embrace it and go out and make the best of it. I choose to dance in the rain!
- What item can you never seem to cross off your To-Do list?
I would love to go to bed at an earlier time than I do.
- What is one thing people are surprised to learn about you?
My mom loves to tell the story of me refusing to participate in my Creative Movement class when I was three. She said when it was my turn, I would plop on the floor and suck my thumb. I think I was even close to being asked to leave class. 🙂 Who knew ballet would eventually become my passion!
- What is one thing you know now that you wish you knew when you were younger?
When I was younger, I thought it was important for everyone to like me. I know now, that the most important thing is to stay true to yourself.
- What is the one thing in your dance bag you use the most?
One thing I use the most in my dance bag is Jet-Glue. I also use a lot of air fresheners. 🙂
- Favorite variation of all time?
Three of my favorite variations are, the Blue Bird variation from Sleeping Beauty, the Lilac Fairy variation from Sleeping Beauty, and the Gamzatti variation from Le Corsaire.
- What are you obsessed with at the moment?
Something I’m obsessed with at the moment is nail art. It’s my favorite hobby.
- What is the last thing you watched on TV or favorite Netflix show?
I don’t really have a lot of free time during the school year to watch a lot of TV. I enjoy shows like Fixer Upper, The Middle and any of the Hallmark Mystery movies. My favorite Netflix series is Psych. I can watch all of the seasons of Psych over and over again. They never get old to me.
- What is more challenging, a solo or ensemble?
For me, an ensemble is more challenging than a solo. I have a tendency to rush the choreography. When dancing in an ensemble, I have to work hard on timing to stay with everyone.
- What reality TV show would you join the cast?
I would love to join the cast of Fixer Upper. I simply adore Chip and Joanna Gaines!
- How many bobby pins are in your bun?
- If you were not a dancer, what would you choose as a career?
Interior design or Architectural design